Bermuda: The Friendliest Place on Earth?

Well, maybe's it's not quite Disney, but Bermuda does have a reputation as a land of very friendly people and my experiences have yet to prove otherwise.  Since arriving, my coworkers have been welcoming - inviting me out to dinner, lectures and other local events.

The sheep enjoy the weekend's great weather in front of Commissioner's House.

Last Monday I went to a lecture with my coworker Zoe (who is one year older than me) on the role narrative and counter-narrative have played on influencing Bermuda's history .  On Friday I traveled with my boss and Zoe first to an art gallery opening (with an abundance of sushi and other hors d'oeuvres) and then to a balcony on Front St. in Hamilton to watch the Front St. Mile (part of Bermuda race week).  I wonder what after-work events I will encounter this week!


The Front St. Mile.

The Bermuda Regiment ends the Front St. Mile activities.




0 comments:

Post a Comment